Individual Course Map
The Swim – The indoor pool is 25 yards in length.
- Age Group Wave Starts. 13-15yr old & Relays will be the first wave. 11 to 12 year olds will follow with 6 to 8 year olds last.
- Course lengths: 6-8 = 50 yards, 9-10 = 100 yards, 13-15 = 150 yards
- If you feel like you need assistance during the swim, roll over on your back and raise your arm in the air.
The bike route is 1.5 miles. For ages 6 to 8 the athletes will complete one lap of the route and return to the transition area. Ages 9 to 10 and 11 to 12 will complete two laps of the route and return to the transition area. Ages 13 to 15 will complete three laps of the route and then return to the transition area.
BIKE – 1.5 miles (Lap)
- Hard shell helmets must be worn and fastened before leaving the transition area.
- Stay to the right to allow faster cyclists to pass on the left.
- There will be vehicle traffic on the bike course. Be careful and stay to the right!
- No headphones, earphones or any radio-type devices will be allowed
- There are plenty of volunteers but it is ultimately your responsibility to know the course.
- This is a 1, 2 or 3 loop bike course on smooth residential roads and a bike path.
The run route is .5 miles around the perimeter of the school property. For ages 6 to 8 the athletes will complete one lap of the route to finish line. Ages 9 to 10 will complete two laps of the route to finish line. The 11 to 12 and 13 to 15 will complete three laps of the route to the finish line. There is a designated lane beside the finish line area that racers will use for their second and final laps. This area will be well marked.
RUN – .5 (Lap)
- The .50 mile course is a lap around the perimeter of the school property. The course will be well marked. There will be directional signs at every turn on the run course. There are chalk arrows on the course.
- DO NOT CUT CORNERS.
- Aid/water station will be located at the beginning of the run.
- No headphones, earphones or any radio-type devices will be allowed.
- You must have your run number visible on the front of your body, as you cross the finish line. Failure to do so will result in a two minute penalty.
Relay Teams Course Map
Relay Teams – All relays will swim, bike and run the distance of the longest course or the 13-15 year old division distances.
We are always looking for volunteers to assist with the operations the day of the race. Individual and group volunteer opportunities are available. Please fill out the form below and someone will be in touch.
This great event is accomplished because of the financial support of people like you and the organizations you represent. Many levels of sponsorship are available. If you would like to speak with someone directly about sponsoring, please fill out the form below and someone will be in touch.
phone: 301-660-5131 x1258
Fill out the form below with any questions you have and we can respond directly to you.